The St. Louis Center for Cognitive Health provides neuropsychological assessment and consultation services to patients and their other healthcare providers along with psychological interventions to maximize behavioral, physical, and cognitive health and wellness. On the permanent staff, we have an adult/geriatric neuropsychologist, pediatric neuropsychologist, and a licensed professional counselor. We also maintain training relationships with the clinical psychology programs at University of Missouri-St. Louis as well as St. Louis University, and have up to three practicum students rotating through the clinic. Presenting patient concerns include, but are not limited to Alzheimer’s disease, Lewy body disease, Parkinsonism/Parkinson’s-plus syndromes, frontotemporal disease, multiple sclerosis, psychiatric disturbances, ADHD, learning disabilities, complex medical comorbidities affecting cognition, normal pressure hydrocephalus, traumatic brain injury, and stroke.
Psychometricians at the St. Louis Center for Cognitive Health assist the neuropsychologist(s) in delivering professional, courteous, and timely neuropsychological assessment and consultation services. They practice exclusively under the supervision of the supervising neuropsychologist in:
- Administering and scoring neuropsychological tests, compiling into a data table
- Ensuring that tests are administered and scored accurately, consistent with the relevant professional manual and task instructions
- Managing difficult patient emotions and personality characteristics that affect validity of test data
- Other miscellaneous tasks as assigned to promote smooth clinic operation and patient experience.
In addition to patient-facing activities, psychometricians are also expected to:
- Engage in office management activities only as needed like coordinating scheduling, supplies, corresponding with patients and referral sources, etc.
- Present themselves with a professional appearance and demeanor
- Be open to constructive criticism and supervisory feedback
- Arrive on time to execute their responsibilities
- Strictly adhere to HIPAA in order to protect patient confidentiality, both in the clinic and outside the clinic
- At least 1 year of prior psychological or neuropsychological testing experience under the supervision of a neuropsychologist
- At least a bachelor’s degree in psychology or a related field
- Prior experience with AthenaNet is viewed favorably but is not required.
- Full time availability (Monday through Friday; 8am-4:30pm)
Benefits and Compensation:
STLCCH prides itself its competitive benefits and compensation package. Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive pay ($23-$27/hr commensurate with experience and qualifications)
- Commercial health insurance
- 401(k)-retirement plan with an employer match eligible at 1 year of full-time employment
- Paid holidays & paid time off
Start Date: ASAP
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to electronically send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.